We are Your Local Cleaning Experts!
Our SERVPRO team is here to help!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County at 440-324-2620!
Does Your Building Have The Flu? SERVPRO Can Help!
Call our office today to have your building cleaned!
About Influenza (Flu)
Approximately 8% of the U.S. population contracts the flu each year. Influenza virus is a contagious respiratory sickness causing mild to severe symptoms. Those with the flu can spread it to others without direct contact. The flu virus spreads mainly by droplets made when people with the flu cough, sneeze or talk. Someone can also get flu by touching a surface or object that has the flu virus on it.
How SERVPRO Can Help Prevent The Spread Of Flu
Our SERVPRO team is here for you! We can treat your buildings for Influenza A, Rhinovirus, and many other harmful viruses. Our team uses a powerful, EPA botanical disinfectant that dries with no residue and is safe for use in the most delicate of applications like nursing homes and schools. Our staff would treat your building with a fogging process then go over heavy touched areas by hand.
Call our SERVPRO office today for more information!
How To Know If Your Walls Have Water Damage
These homeowners knew they had water damage when they noticed water stains on their ceiling.
Have you ever wondered if your walls have water damage? Sometimes it's not so easy to identify. And, as you know, water losses don't typically happen during convenient hours of the day. It’s not always easy to identify if your walls are damaged, but here are some signs to look for.
Common Signs of Water Damage In Your Walls
- Musty Odor: Water damage can often cause mold damage and/or mildew damage if left undetected. But unfortunately, mold isn't always visible. If you notice a musty odor, that's a sign there may be mold somewhere you don't see. You want to make sure both sides of your walls are checked and tested for mold damage. Most importantly, you'll want to find the source of your water issues so the mold doesn't return and cause more damage.
- Visible Mold Growth On Walls And Baseboards: Always be on the lookout for visible mold growth, it comes in various sizes. Mold infestation can quickly spread throughout a home in 48-72 hours. But you want to be careful because mold may cause harm to you and your family's health, including your pet's. That is why it is very important to contact trained professionals who have the proper training and experience to remove and remediate mold.
- Discoloration: Discoloration is a key indicator that your walls are damaged as a result of water damage. The common colors associated with discoloration are yellow, brown, or copper.
- Peeling Or Bubbling Paint And Wallpaper: The peeling or bubbling of paint or wallpaper is another key indicator that your walls are damaged. It is important to contact trained professionals to access your walls, to prevent further damage from happening down the road.
- Warped Walls: Inspect your walls carefully to see if you have any warped walls. When the sheetrock behind a wall absorbs too much water, it will start to bend and curve, which, in turn, can cause the wall to warp.
- Water Stains: Inspect your walls carefully for any potential water stains. Water stains can easily be missed, especially if they are tiny in size. Since they can start out small, homeowners typically don't notice the water stains until they have increased in size, which, at that time, further damage may have occurred. It's a good idea to inspect around your windows and frames as well.
If you notice signs of water damage in your walls, don't hesitate to call our SERVPRO team! We are always here to help!
What Our Customers Can Expect When They Call Our SERVPRO Team
Our team can help with all our your water restoration needs!
You can never plan for a water loss to occur in your home or business but it’s a good idea to keep handy the name and number of a local cleanup and restoration company like SERVPRO. A disaster like this may seem like the end of the world but to our SERVPRO team it’s just an average day. This is our specialty. Our job is to provide state-of-the-art service to our customers that are in need of water damage restoration experts.
The first 24 hours following a water loss are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. That is why it is imperative to call SERVPRO as soon as possible, so our team can start extracting the water.
Here is what you can expect when our highly trained technicians arrive at your home or business.
Within two hours of receiving the loss notification, our SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County restoration professionals will be on-site to help ensure your water damage is handled in accordance with the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) Standards. Our team will inspect the affected areas to determine the extent of the water damage. We will review the inspection with you, answering any questions you may have before beginning the work.
Our SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County professionals take the necessary steps to help protect your home or business, as well as personal property and other contents from further damage by extracting the excess water and preparing the affected area for drying. Once the area is prepared for drying, our technicians will then place our state-of-the-art drying equipment strategically in the area. Our team will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step and can assist you with filing an insurance claim, should you choose to file a claim. SERVPRO of South Lorain County is a preferred service provider for most major insurance companies such as Nationwide Insurance, State Farm, Allstate Insurance, Farmers Insurance and Grange Insurance. We always keep a great working relationship with our local Insurance Adjusters and Claims Agents.
To help ensure the structure and contents of your home or business are dried to the appropriate IICRC Standards, a SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County professional will monitor and document the drying process. These updates will be consistently communicated with you and when applicable, to your Insurance Adjuster or Claims Agent. Continuous monitoring allows our trained technicians to better understand how the property is drying, and the equipment can then be adjusted to dry the area quickly and more cost effectively. The length of drying does depend on the severity of the loss.
SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County will repair structural materials, reinstall carpers and cleaned affected areas of your property and contents. This is where our SERVPRO team lives up to our motto “Like it never even happened.” A final walk through of the property will be conducted with you to ensure your home or business was returned to its preloss condition.
When you contact SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County you can rest assured that you are in good hands and that we have you and your property’s best interest at heart.
How To Avoid A Contact Burn
Be careful around the stove when cooking!
This week is National Burn Awareness Week and SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County wants to make sure you and your family are safe when it comes to hot surfaces and objects. Follow the tips below!
DID YOU KNOW?
- According to the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System, in 2018 roughly 70,000 people went to the hospital emergency department because of contact burns.
- About one-third of the patients were children under the age of five
- Supervise children around hot objects at all times.
- Stand at least 3 feet away from hot outdoor objects. Keep area clear of trip hazards. Limit alcohol consumption.
- Protect your feet from hot objects by wearing shoes when walking on hot pavement or sand. Keep pets off hot pavement too.
- Turn heating pads and blankets off before sleep.
- Have hot pads available whenever cooking. Long oven mitts are best when needing to reach in or over hot surfaces, such in an oven or over a grill. Assume all pots and pans are hot.
- Remember to treat items coming from the microwave as you would items from the oven. Limit microwave use by children.
- Unplug tools such as these when not in use, and always treat as if they are still hot. Keep out of reach of children.
Sump Pump Replacement
If you need your sump pump replaced call our SERVPRO team.
Have you ever had your sump pump fail and back up your basement? Have you had to wait hours on a plumber to come out to your house?
It's always a stressful time whenever you have a sump pump back up in your basement. It's even more stressful when you are waiting for a plumber to come out to replace your sump pump and drain the water out. Water damage is already bad enough, don't make it worse! Don't wait on a plumber any longer! Call SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County, we are your One Stop Shop. We offer a 24 hour Sump Pump Replacement Service. Our team will replace your sump pump, mitigate the water and restore your basement back to preloss condition.
Call us today at (440) 324-2620
Here To Help
No job is too big or too small for this SERVPRO team!
Across the United States, SERVPRO Franchises are gearing up for the new year to serve you as the leader in the cleaning and restoration industry. Are you READY for what the new year may bring your way? While we only hope to see good things come about in a new year, it is always a good idea to plan ahead for the unexpected and unwelcome disasters such as fire, water or mold damage.
Here at SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County, we are here to help make your residential or commercial property “Like it never even happened” if one of those disasters comes your way. With over 1,700 independently owned and operated Franchises, you can trust the team in green to get your property— and life—back to normal. We are only one call away!
Faster to any size disaster is a commitment from SERVPRO to be there when you need us the most.
Whether you are a small business or home owner facing minor fire or water damage, or a property manager dealing with a widespread disaster, SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County has the resources needed to respond quickly and efficiently. The faster help arrives, the quicker restoration begins and the sooner you can resume business as usual.
If a fire, water or mold damage strikes, no matter the size, call our SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County team.
Smart Methods of Water Damage Remediation
This loss was caused by an unnoticed sink leak.
What You Can Do When Your Cleveland Kitchen Sink Leaks
As time goes on, our appliances in our homes can begin to wear down, and some of them can even cause water damage. The water supply line attached to your kitchen sink began to weaken and eventually cracked one afternoon. The crack in the line allowed for water to spit beneath the sink, gradually making the white paint on the inside of the cupboard bubble.
Fortunately, the water damage in your Cleveland kitchen is mild enough that you can handle the remediation of the damage yourself. However, if you feel unsure about fixing it yourself, or you merely want a second opinion, reaching out for professional help is always a good idea. It is always best to follow your gut instinct and be safe, rather than sorry.
Here at SERVPRO, when it comes to water damage, we recommend that the remediation is done using devices that supply dry air and heat. For instance, our technicians could use heaters and dehumidifiers and minimize the access moisture inside of the cupboard. If you are confident that the water damage is minimal, putting a heat source, such as a space heater, inside of the cupboard, along with a small fan, could help evaporate the water inside.
Our SERVPRO technicians follow the same principals, but with industry-grade equipment that has been designed for water damage restoration. In your own home, you can find some items that can work similarly, but on a smaller scale. Once the cupboard has been dried out, you can use sandpaper to remove the paint bubble and to file down the area. Afterward, you can apply new primer and then a fresh coat of paint to the water-damaged section of the cupboard.
If the job can be done at home, it is always a good thing to learn how to fix problems yourself. However, always remember that We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. At SERVPRO, we always rush to any job, no matter how big or small, and we are happy to help you during your time of need.
If you find your home needs water damage restoration services, reach out for help. Dial (440) 324-2630 to get in touch with SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County. We're always ready to take your call.
The Do's And Don'ts Of Using Power Strips
If you experience an electrical fire caused by a power strip, call SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County for help.
With the endless amount of accessories, appliances, and tools that are becoming more and more common in your household, it can sure be a hassle figuring out where to plug all of them in at. Many homeowners find themselves always swapping plugs or using devices such as a power strip. While a power strip can help you out in many situations, it is the mistake of relying on them too much that causes problems. Follow these tips below to ensure your safety when using a power strip in your home.
- Use only light load appliances on power strips. That includes computers, lamps, clock, etc.
- Ensure that the power strip you purchase has an internal circuit breaker. This is a very important safety measure that is designed to prevent property loss and risks of fire.
- Use power strips sparingly. They aren't designed to maintain a load for an extended period of time, and can easily overheat quickly if used to often.
- DON'T plug a power strip into another power strip (term is called "daisy chaining"). Doing this will short out appliances and highly increase the risk of an electrical mishap.
- DON'T use power strips in moist or potentially moist areas. DON'T put them in kitchens, utility rooms or basements.
- DON'T continue to use a power strip if it feels hot.
- NEVER cover, staple, tack or nail a power strip to anything. Covering can smother the strip, and provide ample flammable material in the event of a power strip failure. Puncturing can harm the cords, making room for dangerous situations.
Damaged Roofs Can Allow Flooding In Your Cleveland Home
If you experience a flood in your home from a damaged roof, call our SERVPRO team!
With the recent winters that Cleveland homeowners have seen, heavy snowfall might have wreaked a little more havoc than just making automobile travel taxing. With substantial weight on the roof of your home, supports underneath the roof stress and buckle under the pressure placed on them for extended periods it took for the weather to warm enough to melt the inches away. With this pressure, many roofs in the area became unknowingly damaged, allowing small amounts of water to pass through and worsen over time.
With spring in the air, you can anticipate the torrential rainfall is coming right along with the changing of the season. The unfortunate aspect of this for those roofs that started to degrade with the harsh winter is the likelihood of flood damages to your home.
While many people might combat flooding in the basement of their home from the severe weather systems that often roll across the Buckeye State, attic flooding poses a more substantial threat to your home and every floor of your house below this attic space. As the water begins to penetrate the roof and pool in the attic, you might be completely unaware of a problem until the water begins to force its way through the ceiling of the rooms below the attic.
Fortunately, SERVPRO technicians are here to help you when you need it. With a fast response time on your part to give our team a call, we can get out to your home and start working to restore the present damage and isolate the damaged areas of your roof to prevent further harm from occurring. The longer that the problem persists, the more widespread and devastating it can be to structural components and construction materials in your home, so do not hesitate at the first sign of trouble.
Our SERVPRO professionals assess the full reach of the problem once immediate threats have gotten handled. In these situations, extraction is critical to establishing an environment that limits the possibility of worsening damage and allows our technicians space and opportunity to get to work on other issues present from the flood.
While your home is likely going to require the services of a residential contractor to resolve the pressing concerns of a compromised roof, our SERVPRO of Southern Lorain County technicians can clean up the mess and return your home to its preloss condition.